Things to do & see
Milkwood is a great base for exploring all the natural delights of Tropical Queensland. Our friendly tour desk staff are happy to advise you on what to do & see.
- Natures Powerhouse Art and Craft community centre
- Golf (Cooktown Country Golf Club only 5 minutes away)
- Cedar Bay, Black Mountain & Lakefield National Parks
- See the Great Barrier Reef up close - fishing
- James Cook Historical Museum
- Aboriginal Rock Art Tours with a Nugal-warra elder. An amazing journey of story & dreaming.
- Birdwatching from your verandah , the hide at Keatings Lagoon ( 1 km down the road) or along the Endeavour River
- Walkingtracks up Mt.Cook or Grassy Hill and through Botanic Gardens to Finch Bay and Cherry Bay Beaches